Our Latest News
NEW REGULATION OF INSTALLATION AND OPERATION OF SIMPLE PRESSURE CONTAINERS AND PRESSURE EQUIPMENT
On 30 August 2019 was published Directive No. 131/2019, approving the Regulation of Installation and Operation of Simple Pressure Containers and Pressure Equipment, repealing Directive no. 90/2010.
This directive comes into force 90 days after its publication.
Directive No. 131/2019, which provides for a set of simplification measures aimed at ensuring more efficient management and faster licensing procedures, provides for:
- The elimination of the act of autonomous registration;
- Prior communication of RSPS operation;
- Reduction of decision and issuance of IPQ declarations and certificates from 45 to 30 days;
- The extension of the general term of validity of certificates from 5 to 6 years, without prejudice to the deadlines established for specific equipment;
- Opinion on installation projects by an inspection body (IO);
- Exemption from the presentation of the installation project for IPQ approval for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) containers, meeting the competencies of other entities.
Finally, in order to make the licensing procedure more agile, the obligation for IOs to report scheduled inspections to IPQ is eliminated.
Licensing processes in progress at the date of the entry into force of the regulation, shall be applicable until its conclusion, the regime contained in Directive 90/2010, of 22 July.